1. The nominations for the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards were announced last night. Eminem is up for ten awards, Bruno Mars has seven nods, and Lady Gaga has six. We were also happy to see Robyn, Janelle Monáe, and Cee Lo Green get recognized.
2. NBC has bought a new comedy from Steve Carell that “centers on a small-town post office frequented by a quirky but tight-knit group of local twentysomethings” and is based on his own experience working as a mail carrier in Littleton, Massachusetts. He plans to both write and executive produce the project. [via Deadline]
3. At last night’s Friars Club Roast for Quentin Tarantino, both he and Uma Thurman drank wine out of a pair of her Christian Louboutin heels. [via Page Six]
4. Big news for the New York dance scene: Yesterday the boards of Dance Theater Workshop and the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company voted unanimously to merge their organizations, forming a combination producing and presenting entity to be called New York Live Arts. [via NYT]
5. Taylor Swift is Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year — the youngest ever honoree in the magazine’s 20 year history. Check out the cover here.