The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In remembrance of his death 30 years ago today, Rolling Stone has posted audio clips of its final interview with John Lennon.
2. Aaron Sorkin has some not so kind words for Sarah Palin, Caribou huntress: “…I don’t relish the idea of torturing animals. I don’t enjoy the fact that they’re dead and I certainly don’t want to volunteer to be the one to kill them and if I were picked to be the one to kill them in some kind of Lottery-from-Hell, I wouldn’t do a little dance of joy while I was slicing the animal apart.” [via HuffPo]
3. In spite of the fact that Speed Racer was such a flop, Warner Bros. has tapped the Wachowski siblings to make Hood, a “top secret,” modern update of the Robin Hood tale — and they want Will Smith as their star. [via Vulture]
4. We love Mario Batali’s response to the question “Which living person do you most despise?” from Vanity Fair’s Proust Questionnaire: “Anonymous angry bloggers … all of them.”
5. Listen to a new Björk song that pays homage to her recently deceased friend, fashion designer Alexander McQueen. [via P4K]