The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Gucci Mane — who is currently out on bail and awaiting a competency hearing tied to some reckless driving charges — has tattooed an ice cream cone on his face. And if you look closely, it says “Brrr.” [via The Hairpin]
2. In case you care about such things, the first image from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has landed online, and it features Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart engaging in some PG-13 level petting. [via Collider]
3. Swedish author Fredrik Colting’s “sequel” to JD Salinger’s 1951 classic, The Catcher in the Rye, has been banned from release in the US and Canada. He must also stop calling his work 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye. [via BBC News]
4. Richard Greenberg is reportedly collaborating with Scott Frankel and Michael Korie on a Broadway musical adaptation of Todd Haynes’ 2002 flick Far From Heaven. [via Perez Hilton]
5. Today in people with way too much money buying super silly things: Kanye West reportedly paid Tiret $180,000 to make a custom watch encrusted with 8 karats of yellow, black, brown and white diamonds in the shape of his own face. [via PopEater]
Bonus link: Are We Too Obsessed With Facebook?