The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. For your consideration: This year’s 2011 Coachella lineup , which features headliners Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, and The Strokes.
2. The critics have spoken and Kanye West’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has topped this year’s Village Voice Pazz and Jop list, followed by LCD Soundsystem’s This Is Happening and Arcade Fire’s The Suburbs. Cee Lo Green’s “Fuck You” was voted the best single of the year. [via Prefix Mag]
3. The series premiere of Skins on MTV topped 3 million viewers, but what remains to be seen is how many people were brought in by the special Monday night airing of Jersey Shore. [via EW]
4. Even though it doesn’t hit stands until next week, there’s already a rumor circulating that Mark Salter, John McCain’s closest aide and speechwriter on the 2008 campaign, is the ghostwriter of O, an anonymously written fictional account of President Obama’s campaign for reelection in 2012. [via NYP]
5. Following in the footsteps of the Kardashians, Justin Bieber is planning to open his own store in The Grove in LA where he’ll hawk everything from sneakers to toys. Says a source: “They want to have everything Justin Bieber. They are also trying to find other Island Def Jam artists to be the face of some candy as well.” [via CocoPerez]
Bonus link: Zach Galifianakis Apologizes For His Face