The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Some good news to help get you through this icy morning: Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow which means we should have an early spring. And the same goes for the poor man’s version of Phil, Staten Island Chuck.
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join the cast of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, but with more obvious choices like the Joker and the Riddler supposedly thrown out, no one is quite sure which villain he’ll play. [via Deadline]
3. Gwyneth Paltrow and Cee Lo Green are planning to do a duet at the Grammy Awards on February 13th, and while we’re not certain of the song yet, we do know that there will be some Muppets involved. [via People]
4. Ringo Starr wants to trademark his name for future use in “computer game software” and “games via the Internet and wireless devices.” We’re curious: what do you imagine a Ringo-themed iPhone app would do exactly? [via Billboard]
5. “Anderson [Cooper] said he was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration” – Steve Brusk, a CNN Political Coverage Manager, just tweeted this disturbing bit of news from the Egyptian protests
Bonus link: How a Statistician Beat Scratch Lottery Tickets