The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Ben Affleck is in early negotiations to direct Argo, an adaptation of Joshuah Bearman’s April 2007 Wired magazine article about the Tehran hostage crisis. George Clooney is co-producing the political thriller. [via THR]
2. Ted Williams is planning to auction off the cardboard sign from the YouTube video that launched his 15 minutes of fame, as well as his camouflage jacket. The proceeds from the sale will go toward the Ted Williams Second Chance Foundation, which was created to help talented people who need “a hand up and not a hand out.” [via TMZ]
3. “This year, when the Black Eyed Peas perform, I’m planning on doing my own little ‘Boom Boom Pow’ just to show ‘em that this ol’ cheerleader still has some shake in her.” – Paula Deen’s musings on Super Bowl XLV
4. At the beginning of last night’s episode of The Daily Show, Justin Bieber was in Jon Stewart’s seat because they’d swapped bodies, Freaky Friday-style. Watch the clip — which was apparently a promo for Justin Bieber: Never Say Never — here.
5. Lady Gaga has already confirmed that she will premiere her new single “Born This Way” at this year’s Grammy Awards, but now there’s a rumor floating around she’ll do a duet with Muse as well. (PS: Check out her out on the cover of the March issue of Vogue above.) [via Digital Spy]