1. AOL has announced that it plans to buy the Huffington Post for $315 million. Arianna Huffington will become editor in chief of all of AOL’s content sites, including TechCrunch and Engadget. According to Arianna’s memo to site contributors, nothing will be different except “more people reading what you wrote.” [via The Atlantic]
2. The iconic terminal that was once the home to TWA at JFK airport might be getting a second life in the form of a small, high-end hotel, according to the Wall Street Journal.
3. According to USA Today ’s Ad Meter, two ads tied for the top Super Bowl commercial among viewers — the spots for Doritos and Bud Light — and they both happened to star dogs.
4. The second trailer for JJ Abrams’ latest top secret movie Super 8 debuted last night during the game, and while it doesn’t reveal much more than the original teaser did plot-wise, you definitely see more of executive producer Steven Spielberg’s influence on the project. [via TotalFilm]
5. Fox has announced that the X Factor’s winner will walk off with a $5 million record deal — aka the largest guaranteed prize in television history — in a joint venture between Sony Music and Simon Cowell. The show is set to debut this September. [via TVline]