The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Ashton Kutcher’s Twitter account (which currently has almost 6.4 million followers) was anonymously hacked yesterday by someone at TED 2011 who was trying to demonstrate that many of our favorite web applications don’t use high-security encryption to protect their data. Point made. [via Gawker]
2. The lovely Diane Lane has signed on to play Martha Kent in the new Superman movie. Says director Zack Snyder: “This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination.” [via Deadline]
3. Cameron Crowe’s documentary The Union, a film about the creative life of Elton John, will open the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival on April 20th; a performance by the rock icon himself will follow the free, outdoor screening. [via ComingSoon]
4. In case you’re wondering just how much Justin Bieber’s hair is worth, some clippings put up for auction on eBay by Ellen DeGeneres just sold for $40,668. [via NYDN]
5. Jennifer Aniston’s 10,000-square-foot mansion in Beverly Hills just hit the market for a whopping $42 million. Drool over the images and read the rather funny listing here.
Bonus link: Soundtrack for Living