According to the makers of a crazy flying car called the Autovolantor, their Ferrari-based design could become a reality within the next two years if you’ve got £500,000 burning a hole in your pocket — a small price to pay for a life with no more traffic jams.
Or maybe not. Judging from the company’s video of their Skycar Hover Test they’ve got a long road ahead before most people would actually want to get inside one of these things.
So the future isn’t now. While you wait, check out our roundup of the seven iconic cars from film that we’d like to take a ride in.
Add any good ones that we missed in the comments.
1. The Dude’s Gran Torino from THE BIG LEBOWSKI
2. The Volkswagen Transporter from LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
3. Buck’s Pussy Wagon from KILL BILL
4. The Family Truckster from NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION
5. The Mirth Mobile from WAYNE’S WORLD
6. Mr. Frye’s Ferrari from FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF
7. The DeLorean from BACK TO THE FUTURE