The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In case you somehow managed to miss it earlier today, here’s the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s first public kiss as husband and wife. It actually looks more exciting in the photo than it did watching it live. [via Pop Eater]
2. Mad Men star January Jones — who plays one of television’s most evil mothers — has announced that she is pregnant. Could this mean that Betty Francis will be written off the show? Or will she and Henry have a child of their own?
3. This could be very, very bad: Summit Entertainment (the production company who made their name on the Twilight franchise) is acquiring the rights to a film adaptation of Orson Scott Card’s classic science fiction novel Ender’s Game. Gavin Hood (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) is set to direct Card’s script. [via Deadline]
4. “It is true. Kong is dead. There were a few moments of George in a spare office yesterday, cleaning up the last bits and inserting a few new bits in longhand, while I typed the changes into the electronic files, but we are honestly and officially done. And there is MUCH rejoicing!” – George R.R. Martin’s editor, Ann Groell, has confirmed that the final book in the Game of Thrones series, A Song of Ice and Fire, is complete.
5. The Cabin in the Woods, a horror movie co-written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard (Cloverfield), is finally going to make it to theaters, with Thor’s hunky Chris Hemsworth in one of the starring roles. It was originally scheduled to be released back in 2009. [via Vulture]
Bonus link: Toothpaste for Dinner: Grade Inflation