The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Starting next Monday, Lady Gaga will be streaming her new album, Born This Way, in FarmVille; players will have to complete tasks for access to each of the tracks. Says Gaga: “I want to celebrate and share Born This Way with my little monsters in a special way that’s never been done before. Zynga has created a magical place in FarmVille where my fans can come play and be the first to listen to the album.” [via THR]
2. Fox kicked off the 2011 schedule announcement season by cancelling five of its more forgettable shows and picking up four new ones — including Zooey Deschanel’s The New Girl, “a comedy about a girl who leaves her boyfriend and moves in with a bunch of immature, wacky guys.” [via A.V. Club]
3. Oprah Winfrey is planning not one, but two episodes with James Frey during the final full week of her talk show. The shows will air May 16 and 17. Does anyone else find this totally strange? [via NYP]
4. The Dude’s trademark, zip-front cardigan sweater — one of four created for the costume department of The Big Lebowski, and the only one worn by Jeff Bridges — is going up for auction this weekend in Beverly Hills. [via CinemaBlend]
5. Ethan Hawke has joined Colin Farrell and Bryan Cranston in the cast of the Total Recall remake. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel are in negotiations for the female leads. [via THR]
Bonus link: Hanksy Strikes Again!