The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The Smoking Gun has unearthed Katy Perry’s 45-page concert rider, which in general is kind of boring (hates carnations, likes egg chairs), but also includes this misspelled gem for any of her drivers: “DO NOT STAIR AT THE BACKSEAT THRU THE REARVIEUW MIRROW.”
2. In case you missed last night’s Colbert Report, watch John Lithgow gives a dramatic reading of a ridiculous press release from the Newt Gingrich campaign here.
3. Amid all of his current personal drama, Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced that he’s putting his acting career on hold, which means we’re all going to have to wait that much longer to see Cry Macho. [via ArtsBeat]
4. Google has decided to ditch a project to scan newspapers for publication online because it would have been too expensive, and will instead focus on Google One Pass, “a platform that enables publishers to sell content and subscriptions directly from their own sites.” [via CNET]
5. Amazon is now selling more Kindle books than physical books, at a ratio of about 105 to 100. Says Jeff Bezos: “We had high hopes that this would happen eventually, but we never imagined it would happen this quickly. We’ve been selling print books for 15 years and Kindle books for less than four years.” [via TDW Geeks]