1. Today in Sarah Palin news: The state of Alaska will release 24,000 pages of its former governor’s emails to members of the press who have requested them (note: they’ll have to pay the shipping fees for the five boxes, which weigh 55 pounds apiece). Last night in Sarah Palin news: She took a break from her patriotic bus tour to sit down for a slice of pizza with Donald Trump.
2. Thurston Moore told NME last night that Sonic Youth will be getting together later this year to record new material. As for their recent time off? “We made the decision to have a good solid year of not doing too much as a band,” he explains. “We just wanted to regenerate.”
3. Former sitcom writer Ken Levine (Cheers, M.A.S.H., Frasier) has come out against Roseanne Barr’s recent piece in New York magazine, saying that she “treated people like shit” and was “endlessly combative.” Barr says that he just loathes women. Meanwhile, Laurie Gelman, the first female writer-producer to work on Roseanne, is on Team Levine, and claims that Barr’s actually the sexist one. Barr says Gelman is just mad because she isn’t funny. Who to believe? [via Vulture]
4. Jesse Eisenberg may be reuniting with his The Squid and The Whale director Noah Baumbach; the film, which will also star Naomi Watts, tells the story of “a 40-ish childless couple that begins feeling alienated from their friends as those friends start to procreate, and strike up an unlikely friendship with a younger couple.” [via LAT]
5. This first look at the puppet from Guillermo Del Toro and The Jim Henson Company’s upcoming Pinocchio movie is definitely the creepiest thing you’ll see all day — especially when you remember that Nick Cave is doing the film’s soundtrack.