The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Starting this fall, all of the superhero titles in the DC Comics stable will reboot with issue No. 1, and some major characters will have new origin stories. The overhaul begins with the first issue of “Justice League” No. 1 in September, which will reunite the classic lineup of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. [via Jacket Copy]
2. Some interesting news in light of this post from yesterday: a musical adaptation of Rocky could be coming to Broadway in the spring of 2013. The project — which involves Sylvester Stallone and the Tony Award-winning songwriting team behind Ragtime — will makes its debut in Germany next fall. [via ArtsBeat]
3. In case you’re curious, Smashing Pumpkins have unveiled a tentative tracklisting for Oceania, the end result of the band’s ongoing “Teargarden By Kaleidyscope” project, which is set for formal release later this year. Check it out here.
4. Bradley Cooper will join Ryan Gosling in the cast of the multi-generational crime drama The Place Beyond the Pines; the film reunites Gosling (who will be playing a bank robber to Cooper’s cop) with his Blue Valentine writer-director, Derek Cianfrance. [via Vulture]
5. In case you haven’t heard it yet, here’s Beyonce’s second official single off of 4, a much slower jam that’s called “Best Thing I Never Had.” The album comes out on June 28 via Columbia Records.
Bonus link: This is the world’s deepest-living animal.