The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. AMC is developing a reality series that will focus on the two guys who run Kevin Smith’s New Jersey comic book store, The Secret Stash; Smith will be an executive producer on the show. [via THR]
2. Well that was fast: “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” the latest single from Coldplay, has already been accused of ripping off another song (“Ritmo de la Noche,”), leading the band to release this statement: “[Peter] Allen and [Adrienne] Anderson are credited as writers on ‘Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall.’ Chris was inspired to write the song after watching the film Biutiful by Alejandro González Iñárritu. In the film, there is a nightclub scene in which a track [‘Ritmo de la Noche’] is playing in the background, based on ‘I Go to Rio.'” [via Vulture]
3. We were curious how Jon Stewart would react to the news that his pal Anthony Weiner the man behind the now infamous crotch shot. If you missed The Daily Show last night, you can watch the segment on what he calls “weirdest f’ing story I’ve ever seen in my life” here.
4. Definitely worth checking out: The New York Times’ interactive coverage of the 54th Venice Biennale asks for your own six word reviews of the featured works.
5. Because HBO seems intent on teasing us in the days leading up to June 26th, you can now watch three more minutes of the Season 4 premiere of True Blood here. So that’s six of the 55 minutes or so already accounted for — what are your thoughts so far?
Bonus link: 10 physical gestures that have been patented