1. After spending the past seven years fighting Mark Zuckerberg, the beefy Winklevoss twins have decided not to take a challenge to their $65 million 2008 settlement to the Supreme Court. Facebook’s rather glib response to the news: “We’ve considered this case closed for a long time, and we’re pleased to see the other party now agrees.” [via Consumerist]
2. James “Whitey” Bulger, the legendary Boston crime boss who inspired Jack Nicholson’s crazy character in The Departed and was one of the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted, has been arrested in Santa Monica after spending more than 15 years on the lam. [via Gawker]
3. Last night’s 100th performance of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying was canceled when a 29-year-old stagehand died from a heart attack that police are saying was related to a drug overdose. [via NYT]
4. According to Digital Spy, Emma Stone has been offered the lead role in the Craig Gillespie-helmed film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Natalie Portman, who was previously rumored to be playing Elizabeth Bennet, is still a producer on the project.
5. Here’s the first photo of Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, courtesy of this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly. Tolkien fans: Is it everything that you’d hoped it would be?