The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Transformers: Dark of the Moon brought in another $47 million at the box office this weekend, making it the highest-grossing film so far this year at $261 million. What’s possibly even more depressing: Zookeeper managed to take in $21 million during its debut weekend. Shame on you, America. [via TV Guide]
2. Viral video sensation Rebecca Black is planning to release a new single called “My Moment” via her YouTube channel on July 18th. We’re curious: Do you think that the idea of a sophomore slump even applies in this situation? [via THR]
3. In case you’ve been worried about how Jersey Shore would fare without its only sane cast member, Vinny Guadagnino has returned to the house in Seaside Heights after taking a brief time-out at his parents’ house. [via Celebuzz]
4. If you were as underwhelmed by Lady Gaga’s budget video for “The Edge of Glory” as we were, you’ll be glad to hear that her next video is going to be another over-the-top affair, and could feature the birth of “Yuyi,” her mermaid alter-ego. [via Popdust]
5. Celebrity baby news: The Beckhams had their fourth kid yesterday, and her name is Harper Seven Beckham (the “Seven” is believed to be a reference to David’s jersey number for Manchester United). On Saturday, Kate Hudson gave birth to her son with fiancé (and Muse front man) Matthew Bellamy. We’re still waiting to hear what his name will be, but we’re obviously hoping for something equally strange.