The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. During last night’s episode of Teen Wolf, MTV debuted a new trailer for the upcoming season of Jersey Shore, which premieres on August 4 at 10pm. Watch the gang (or at least the ones who are actually Italian) return to the Motherland here.
2. Dustin Lance Black, the Oscar-winning screenwriter behind Milk, has written a new play about the trial that struck down California’s Proposition 8 . It will make its Broadway debut in a “star-filled reading” in September. [via Vulture]
3. Charlie Sheen is getting a new TV show, and it’s based on the 2003 Adam Sandler movie Anger Management. According to Sheen: “I chose Anger Management because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept.” Lionsgate is still looking for a network for the series to air on. [via NYP]
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman Karen O has written a “psycho-opera” that will premiere at St. Ann’s Warehouse in Brooklyn this October with Adam Rapp at the helm. [via NME]
5. Here are the first few lines of Haruki Murakami‘s highly-anticipated new novel 1Q84, which has been out in Japan since 2009, but is slated for US release on October 24.
Bonus link: Velcro Up Close