The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Lady Gaga, who was a guest judge on last night’s episode of So You Think You Can Dance, was moved to tears by one pair’s performance. You can watch a highlights reel — including the moment when she felt inspired to throw her shoe at some contestants — here.
2. Alex Trebek is on crutches! The Jeopardy host tore his Achilles tendon while chasing down the woman who had broken into his hotel room in San Francisco, where he was hosting the National Geographic World Championship. He’s scheduled for surgery on Friday. [via ArtsBeat]
3. According to TMZ, Joe Pesci is suing the producers of Gotti: In The Shadow Of My Father — which hasn’t started shooting yet, but will star John Travolta as John “The Teflon Don” Gotti — because he gained 30 pounds to play the part of Angelo Ruggiero only to be offered a much smaller role at a much smaller fee. [via Slashfilm]
4. Last night Harrison Ford stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote Cowboys & Aliens, and was reunited with Chewbacca in his dressing room. Surprisingly, it got ugly fast. Watch the footage here.
5. Is anyone surprised to hear that The Smurfs is currently at 0% on Rotten Tomatoes? Poor Neil Patrick Harris really smurfed this one up. [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: The Wu-Tang Clan Is Looking For An Intern