The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Today is President Obama’s 50th birthday! The celebrating already began last night with a fundraiser for his 2012 campaign in Chicago that featured performances by Jennifer Hudson, OK Go, and Herbie Hancock. [via The Daily Beast]
2. According to Us Weekly, Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford (better known as the frontman for Mumford & Sons), were once “childhood pen pals,” and now they’re engaged! [via Vulture]
3. Courtney Love may have gotten drunk while on a shopping spree in Sydney, Australia, and then stumbled into the streets where she almost got hit by a car. According to this website, when a fan tried to help out her out of harm’s way, Love responded by saying, “Stop telling me what to do, I can do what I want.” Lovely.
4. Some good news: Not only is Breaking Bad sticking with AMC, but now it looks like we might be getting two more seasons of the beloved series instead of just one! [via Deadline]
5. Coldplay stopped by Jimmy Kimmel last night, and played two of their new songs, “Charlie Brown” and “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.” Watch both clips here.
Bonus Buzz: 20 Scents That Secretly Defined Your Childhood