The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Perhaps in an effort to top last year’s strange decision to let James Franco and Anne Hathaway co-host the show, Brett Ratner (the Rush Hour series and X-Men: The Last Stand) has been chosen to co-produce this year’s Academy Awards. “This wasn’t even in my dreams, it’s so far out,” he said. “This is something I never could have imagined.” [via THR]
2. Speaking of Anne Hathaway, here’s your first official photo of her as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises — and she’s riding a really enormous motorcycle. Any thoughts on how she stacks up compared to Michelle Pfeiffer or Halle Berry?
3. According to Life & Style, famed fashion designer/sassy Project Runway judge Michael Kors and his longtime boyfriend Lance LePere are getting hitched. Kors’ official statement: “Lance and I are very excited to finally be able to have the opportunity to marry in our home state after many years together. We have no plans for a major party, but we will be getting married privately.” [via The Huffington Post]
4. In other fashion-related news, here’s an extremely rare photo of designer Karl Lagerfeld without his trademark sunglasses on. Spoiler alert: He has beady eyes.
5. Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as the lead in Richard Ayoade’s adaptation of Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novella The Double, which Vulture describes as “Fight Club for bureaucrats.” Based on how much we loved the former IT Crowd star’s debut feature, Submarine, we think this is really exciting news!
Bonus Buzz: Epic Hair Band Tattoo