The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Outkast rapper Big Boi was arrested yesterday in Miami on drug charges after he was “busted by drug-sniffing dogs while getting off a cruise ship.” In his possession? Viagra, ecstasy pills and powdered MDMA, so we’re assuming that he had an active vacation. [via Gawker]
2. “There is so much bullshit going on in the music industry right now. Someone needs to make a difference. People treat me like Hitler.” – A snippet of a 10-minute rant from Kanye West at this weekend’s Big Chill Festival in the UK [via NME]
3. Tribal leaders canceled the final day of the Escape from New York music festival — which was meant to feature a performance by headliners of Montreal — after overnight rains made the Shinnecock Indians meeting grounds where the main stage was located unsafe for concertgoers. Despite the setback (three-day pass holders lost one-third of their entertainment), promoters say the festival “looks forward to returning next year.”[via ArtsBeat]
4. We’re not surprised to hear that FX has renewed Louie and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but as for Wilfred — otherwise known as the Elijah Wood comedy about the talking dog — really?! [via Pop Candy]
5. If you’ve ever wondered what Lady Gaga would look like if she dressed up like a young Bob Dylan, then her new “You & I” single artwork (which sees the pop star revisiting her drag king alter ego, Jo Calderone) is a good place to start.