The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Tina Fey her husband Jeffrey Richmond welcomed their second daughter into the world last Wednesday, and they named her Penelope Athena, which we think is totally adorable. [via LAT]
2. This sounds promising: Patti Smith is working on a screenplay adaptation of her National Book Award-winning memoir Just Kids with John Logan, who recently won a Tony for his play Red. We can’t wait until this one starts casting! [via Deadline]
3. According to an exclusive scoop by Vulture, AMC and Sony Pictures Television have finally worked out their financial differences and agreed that there will be sixteen more episodes of Breaking Bad beyond the current season. How those will be broken down has yet to be determined.
4. High winds caused the stage at a Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair to collapse on Saturday night, killing at least five people and injuring more than 40. Similar accidents have taken place in recent weeks at a Flaming Lips concert in Tulsa and a Cheap Trick show in Ottawa. [via CNN]
5. Nervous about spending more than $250 million on a comedic Western in the current economy (and perhaps a little spooked by Cowboys & Aliens’ lackluster performance at the box office), Disney has shut down production on Gore Verbinski’s reboot of The Lone Ranger which was set to star Johnny Depp as Tonto. Are we the only ones who think that this is probably for the best? [via Deadline]
Bonus Buzz: 10 Actors Who Have Played Identical Twins