1. Did you know that Shaquille O’Neal wants to be a film director? According to TMZ, he’s nearly done with his classes at the Filmmaking Conservatory at the New York Film Academy’s branch at Universal Studios Hollywood, and the school reports that he has been “incredibly humble, funny, and likable” as a student.
2. Some hardcore fans of T.S. Eliot are upset by plans to build a development with nearly 4,000 houses and an industrial estate on the edge of East Coker, the farming village where the famed writer’s ashes are buried. [via ArtsBeat]
3. Prince Harry has officially dumped his girlfriend, lingerie model Florence Brudenell Bruce, who he has been dating since June. The completely awesome reason that he gave? Harry wants more time to focus on his helicopter training. [via The Daily Beast]
4. Saturday Night Live writer/guest star Paula Pell has signed on to play Ron Swanson’s mom — aka the original Tammy Swanson in his life — on the upcoming season of Parks and Recreation. [via TVLine]
5. Tyler, the Creator and Lil Wayne have teamed up with the Game on a lovely little track called “Martians Vs. Goblins,” which will feature on the latter’s forthcoming The R.E.D. Album, which is due out later this month. Listen to it here.