The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. David Letterman has reportedly been marked for death by a jihadist group because he “gloated” on air about the recent death of Osama bin Laden‘s Pakistani lieutenant Ilyas Kashmiri. While his show is currently on summer hiatus, its production company, Worldwide Pants, wouldn’t comment on the threat. [via The Daily News]
2. This is the world we live in: Some exciting new words have been added to the latest edition of the Concise English Oxford Dictionary, including retweet, sexting, jeggings, and mankini. [via Gizmodo]
3. Is it just us, or is it kind of funny watching Christine O’Donnell storm out of her interview with Piers Morgan last night after he asks her about gay marriage and her thoughts on the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy? [via Jezebel]
4. Speaking of funny, last week The Game thought it would be hilarious to post a phone number to Twitter that his followers could call about getting a music internship, but — wait for it — in reality it was the number for the Compton Sheriff’s office. Now, the rapper has apologized for his little prank, explaining on CNN that it “a joke gone wrong.” [via Gawker]
5. We think the album art for Björk’s Biophilia is pretty awesome — particularly her wig.
Bonus Buzz: 25 Foods You’ll Never Be Able To Eat Again