The Book of Genesis
10. Rent the garden apartment.
The Towering Inferno (1974)
11. Cover your nose when you sneeze.
Prisoners of the Sun, Hergé (1975)
12. Just stop pissing off Poseidon. (When will you learn?)
From Greek mythology, wherein Poseidon, when angered, struck the sea floor with his trident, causing earthquakes and other disasters.
13. Don’t sail close to the island where the mage you ousted from power lives. Just not a good plan.
If by your art, my dearest father, you have Put the wild waters in this roar, allay them. The sky, it seems, would pour down stinking pitch, But that the sea, mounting to the welkin’s cheek, Dashes the fire out. O, I have suffered With those that I saw suffer: a brave vessel, Who had, no doubt, some noble creature in her, Dash’d all to pieces. O, the cry did knock Against my very heart. Poor souls, they perish’d. Had I been any god of power, I would Have sunk the sea within the earth or ere It should the good ship so have swallow’d and The fraughting souls within her.
The Tempest, William Shakespeare (1610)
14. Cut back on your carbon footprint, already.
15. Sometimes you actually have to let go.