Will Schwarznegger Save Humanity Once More?
Will Arnold Schwarznegger legalize and tax pot in California to help lessen his state’s deficit woes? At this point he’s only open to discussing it, so we’re in for a bit of a wait. In the meantime, let’s take a look at his track record — on the big screen, that is. After the jump, five films where Arnold single-handedly did us a solid. Note: our beloved Kindergarten Cop didn’t make the cut — in that movie he goes undercover to find a drug dealer. It just didn’t seem appropriate. Even if we were dying to link to this.
1. Conan the Barbarian (1982) Conan beheads Thulsa Doom — the man responsible for killing his parents and destroying his childhood village.
2. Predator (1987) Dutch uses a trap to crush a homicidal alien that’s hunting humans, but barely escapes death when the creature activates a time bomb.
3. Total Recall (1990) Douglas Quaid/Hauser activates an oxygen machine in a hidden cave on Mars, which creates an atmosphere where everyone can breathe for free.
4. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) The Terminator — now reprogrammed to help the Connors, not kill them — destroys himself to prevent his technology from being used to create Skynet.
5. Junior (1994) Dr. Alex Hesse tries to save women from the pain of miscarriage by injecting himself with a new super-fertility drug.