The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The 15 artists nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year have been announced, and the list includes Guns ‘N Roses, Eric B. & Rakim, The Cure, Heart, and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. [via ArtsBeat]
2. Former L Word actress Leisha Hailey was booted off of a Southwest flight after making out with her girlfriend, fashion designer Nina Garduno. “Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender,” the airline said in a statement. “The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight.” [via Speakeasy]
3. In case you didn’t get enough of Thom Yorke’s crazy dance moves on Saturday Night Live this past weekend, watch Radiohead’s appearance on last night’s installment of The Colbert Report here.
4. Kevin Costner will no longer be playing a sadistic slave trainer in Quentin Tarantino’s next project, Django Unchained, citing both scheduling and personal reasons. [via Deadline]
5. The BBC reports that Rihanna, who was in Northern Ireland shooting the video for her new single, “We Found Love,” was forced to cover up after the farmer whose field she was using objected to her “state of undress.”