The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The New York Post reports that Demi Moore is officially ending her six-year marriage to Ashton Kutcher after he allegedly had sex with a 23-year-old woman in his room at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego last week. Do you think that there’s any truth to this rumor?
2. In other celebrity relationship news, a source tells PEOPLE that Saturday Night Live costars Fred Armisen and Abby Elliott, who began dating last year, have broken up. We can’t help but wonder if this means that she’ll finally get booted off the show.
3. What do you think of Cindy Sherman’s new house in the Hamptons? The 10.2-acre waterfront property — which cost the famed artist a reported $4.65M — is just down the road from the former home of Jackson Pollock. [via Curbed]
4. Roman Polanski comes close to apologizing for sexually assaulting a then 13-year-old Samantha Geimer in a new documentary that premiered at the Zurich Film Festival this week, saying, “She is a double victim: my victim and a victim of the press.” The filmmaker was on hand at the festival to accept a lifetime achievement award that he received back in 2009, but could not collect at the time due to his legal troubles. [via Telegraph]
5. Last night Roger Waters stopped by Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to perform “In The Flesh” — with the Foo Fighters as his backing band — in honor of the late night show’s Pink Floyd week. Watch a video of it here.
Bonus Buzz: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Tim Allen