The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Thanks to the success of Duets II, 85-year-old singer Tony Bennett is now the oldest living person to top the Billboard 200. The previous record holder? Bob Dylan. [via NME]
2. Lady Gaga is suing a Chicago-based company that has been marketing a jewelry and cosmetics line that has nothing do with her but is called “Lady Gaga by Design.” Meanwhile, she’s still waiting for the United States Patent and Trademark Office to approve her own claims on her name. [via Vulture]
3. Tony-winning actress Sutton Foster has been cast in Bunheads, the new pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino. She’ll play Michelle, “a Las Vegas showgirl who impulsively marries a man and moves to his sleepy coastal town, taking a role at her mother-in-law’s dance school.” [via THR]
4. IFC has announced the premiere date for Season 2 of Portlandia (January 9!), along with an impressive list of some of the guest stars who we can expect to see, which includes Jack McBrayer, Andy Samberg, and Kristen Wiig. [via CinemaBlend]
5. Here are some photos and videos from last night’s instantly sold-out Radiohead concert at Roseland Ballroom, the first of two shows there this week. We have no idea how long the latter will stay up, so watch ’em while you can.
Bonus Buzz: Hack Your Facebook Cover Art