The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The Beatles’ earliest recordings with singer Tony Sheridan are set to be released in a deluxe two-CD set on November 8; also included in the elaborate packaging will be rarely seen photos by Astrid Kirchherr, band contracts, poster art, and handwritten bios by each member of the group. [via Variety]
2. Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, the next project from Moneyball director Bennett Miller; the film is based on the true story of John du Pont, “the schizophrenic heir to the du Pont fortune, and the man who pulled the trigger on Olympic wrestler David Schultz.” [via Slashfilm]
3. After spending a few years away from Hollywood, X-Files creator Chris Carter is planning to write and executive produce a new “a female-lead mystery police thriller” with a “paranormal twist” called Unique. We hear that Gillian Anderson is available… [via Vulture]
4. This is interesting: Russell Brand will be the first guest on Rosie O’Donnell’s new talk show, which premieres on The Oprah Winfrey Network on October 10 and will be taped in Chicago’s Harpo Studios, former home of The Oprah Winfrey Show. [via Inside TV]
5. If you haven’t seen it yet, here is Adele’s beautifully-shot, black and white video for “Someone Like You,” which was filmed early one morning in Paris.
Bonus Buzz: Famous Robot Blueprint Posters