The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The first full trailer for the Gary Ross-directed adaptation of The Hunger Games has landed online — and it actually has some serious potential! Watch it here.
2. Also newly debuted: the first 30 seconds of the trailer for the Meryl Streep-fronted Margaret Thatcher biopic, The Iron Lady, which you can see here. What do you make of her Thatcher impression?
3. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lady Gaga and her longtime creative director Laurieann Gibson have decided to part ways; it sounds like the fact that Gibson has been pursuing her own projects lately, as well as some friction over Gaga’s recent music videos, led to the split.
4. Courtney Love stormed offstage during a performance in Brazil on Saturday night after a concertgoer held up a picture of Kurt Cobain, and shouted, among other things, “I’m not Kurt, I have to live with his shit and his ghost and his kid every day and throwing that up is stupid and rude and I’m going to beat the f*ck out of you if you do it again.” [via NME]
5. During an interview with Australia’s 60 Minutes over the weekend, Brad Pitt announced that he’s planning to retire from acting when he turns 50 (which is three years from now), and put more of his focus toward producing. [via The Playlist]
Bonus Buzz: Best Slo-Mo Breakdancing You’ll See Today