The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In the most recent episode of Marc Maron’s WTF Podcast, Adam Scott revealed the exciting news that a production company is interested in doing a “low budget” version of the Party Down movie. All they’re waiting for now is for Starz to sign off on the project. [via Pop Culture Brain]
2. “New York City is the city where you can come and express yourself. What was happening in Zuccotti Park was not that.” – Mayor Bloomberg defends his decision to clear the park in an early morning raid that led to the arrest of about 150 Occupy Wall Street protestors
3. After making us wait for an entire year, Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer-Camp have finally made a new Marcel the Shell With Shoes On video, you guys! Watch it here.
4. In a new interview with Esquire, former Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark director Julie Taymor says that Bono and the Edge — who weren’t around at the time — publicly described her as “exhausted” and “overwrought” to get her fired: “I think that those were important to paint a picture of a director who you needed to release in order to make this big change. I had to be characterized that way in order for something to happen.” [via ArtsBeat]
5. According to a report in British tabloid The Sun, Pete Doherty is convinced that his apartment is haunted by the ghost of his departed friend Amy Winehouse. [via NME]