1. John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky (Blades of Glory) are in talks to develop an animated film for Universal that’s based on the classic cartoon character Woody Woodpecker. Do the kids of today even know who he is? [via Slashfilm]
2. Steven Spielberg has decided to widen the focus of his Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation, which was previously devoted exclusively to the memory of Holocaust survivors, to also include testimonies on other mass killings, including those of Armenians and Cambodians. [via NYT]
3. Jeopardy! contestant Roger Craig recently had the most lucrative game in the show’s history. How’d he do it? With some help from a web app that he developed, and then trained himself on. [via Gawker]
4. NBC has ordered a pilot of Bryan Fuller’s remake of The Munsters; unlike the original show, his version will be “an hour-long series exploring how the monster house came about” and “will have a darker and less campy feel.” [via EW]
5. A few of the tracks that Will Oldham and David Byrne composed for the This Must Be the Place soundtrack — the crazy looking movie where Sean Penn plays a Nazi hunter who looks just like Robert Smith — are now streaming here.
Bonus Buzz: Why Pandas Are Black And White