The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Nicki Minaj announced via Twitter last night that her second album — Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded — will drop on Valentine’s Day of next year. Given the title, it’s a bit unclear whether the project is a reissue, or will feature new material. [via MTV]
2. Aaron Sorkin is apparently “strongly considering” Sony’s offer to write the Steve Jobs biopic that’s currently in the works. “Right now I’m just in the thinking-about-it stages,” he says. “It’s a really big movie and it’s going to be a great movie no matter who writes it.” [via Slashfilm]
3. Jimmy Fallon has apologized to Michele Bachmann via Twitter after his house band, The Roots, played “Lyin’ Ass Bitch” as her intro music on his show. “I’m honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I’m so sorry about the intro mess,” he says. “I really hope she comes back.” [via The Daily Beast]
4. A leaked version of Lady Gaga’s cover of “White Christmas” — which will feature on her forthcoming EP A Very Gaga Holiday — has landed online. Give it a listen here.
5. Here are some rather exciting photos from the set of Ridley Scott’s highly-anticipated sci-fi flick Prometheus, which ties in with the Alien universe. The highly-anticipated blockbuster, which hits theaters this summer, has an ensemble cast that includes Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, and Patrick Wilson.