The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. All of the details for Trent Reznor’s soundtrack for David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which he composed with Atticus Ross, have been released — including the fact that it’s over three hours long. You can also now hear the full version of Reznor and Karen O‘s cover of Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song,” as well as a 35-minute sampler of the album, here.
2. Evidently, James Murphy is an actor now. He has a supporting role in The Comedy, a film that stars Tim Heidecker (of Tim and Eric Awesome Show fame) as a guy who “whiles away his days with a group of aging Brooklyn hipsters, engaging in acts of recreational cruelty and pacified boredom.” Okkervil River’s Will Sheff is in it, too. [via Pitchfork]
3. “I was just thinking about my funeral and stuff a couple days ago and thinking who would be at the funeral People who I want to be in the funeral? I wanna have world leaders that were, like, affected, that said, you know, ‘Kanye gave me my shot here.’ Or ‘he pushed me,’ or ‘he told me to believe in myself,’ or ‘when I saw this, it made me feel like that.’ I wanna affect people like that when I, like, pass away.” – Evidently, Kanye West is feeling a bit reflective these days.
4. Showrunner Steven Moffat claims that in spite of what David Yates recently said, there are no real plans for a Doctor Who movie at the moment, and if it does happen, the film will need to star whoever is playing the Doctor on the TV series at that time, and not some Hollywood actor. That’s good news for Matt Smith. [via The Sun]
5. According to Men’s Health magazine, these are the 10 happiest and saddest cities in America . Are you as surprised as we are by a few of the “happiest” cities?
Bonus Buzz: 15 Muppets Auditioning For Other Roles