The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Ryan Seacrest may be taking over Matt Lauer’s anchor spot at Today. Our gut instinct is that this would be horrible, but given the number of thrilling moments Kathie Lee’s unlikely presence on the morning news show has bestowed upon us all, maybe it’s a good thing? [via THR]
2. Here is the new Hype Williams-directed video for Willow Smith’s song “Fireball,” which features an appearance by Nicki Minaj in an insane pair of rainbow-colored Mukluks making crazy faces. [via Vulture]
3. Deadline reports that Mindy Kaling will executive produce a new “animated comedy project” for NBC about a team of female high school volleyball players. While we’re not exactly thrilled by the premise, Kaling will also be voicing one of the characters, so at least there’s that to look forward to.
4. After that recent incident with Michelle Bachmann on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Questlove must now clear every song that The Roots play on the show “with three different NBC execs.” We bet he’s thrilled about that. [via NYP]
5. And finally, in case you missed it, Alec Baldwin quit Twitter yesterday in the wake of his dust up with American Airlines. But he’ll be back! “Let’s play a game called Mass Unfollowing,” he wrote. “I want to crash this acct and start again. But, tonight at 10 PM NY time, unfollow me.” [via EW]
Bonus Buzz: “My Drunk Kitchen” Tackles Pizza