This week, we came across a post on the Guardian‘s music blog entitled Reader Recommended: Songs named after Towns. Inspired, we decided to compile our own list of songs named after US towns. Gosh, we’re clever. Although the list could have included hundreds of tunes, we had to be selective — you will not find overplayed tracks like “New York, New York” and “Viva Las Vegas” on this list. Sorry. As always, feel free to add to our list in the comments.
1. Band of Horses, “St. Augustine” 2. Bob Dylan, “Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again”
5. Ike & Tina Turner, “Nutbush City Limits”
6. Jay-Z, “Hello, Brooklyn”
7. Johnny Cash & June Carter, “Jackson”
8. The Raveonettes, “Ode to LA”
9. Sufjan Stevens, “Flint (For the Unemployed and Underpaid)”
10. Wilco, “Via Chicago”