1. It’s D-Day. As in Digital TV transition. The Live Feed will be tracking the mayhem here, but let it be known that my sister is watching the Today Show as I type this using her old rabbit ears.
2. For some reason John McCain feels like he needs to defend Sarah Palin from David Letterman, which is weird because I thought he totally hated her.
3. Let the ebook wars begin: Simon & Schuster will release around 5000 digital titles via Scribd.com — not Amazon — because they give publishers more control over pricing and larger revenue. Hear that? It’s the sound of a baby Kindle, whimpering.
4. Stereogum asks if Dirty Projectors’ Bitte Orca is the best album of 2009. You know, because it’s June, and posts like this really make sense. They’re streaming the entire thing over there too if you’d like to listen and weigh in.
5. Prepare to have your mind blown: Paul Shaffer says he was handpicked by Jerry Seinfeld to play the role of George Costanza sans audition. But he never called Seinfeld back about it because he was “too busy.” Huh.