The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. We had no idea President Obama had such a lovely singing voice. Here’s a clip of him serenading the crowd with some Al Green at a fundraiser held last night at the Apollo Theater.
2. In the wake of yesterday’s Megaupload shutdown, Anonymous attacked several government and entertainment industry websites, including the homepages for the FBI and the Department of Justice, as well as the Recording Industry Association of America, the Motion Picture Association of America, BMI.com, and Universal Music. [via EW]
3. Need more proof that Bridesmaids 2 isn’t happening anytime soon? Kristen Wiig is in talks to star opposite of Ben Stiller in his forthcoming remake of the 1947 comedy classic, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. And that’s just one of the many projects that she’s currently tied to; there’s also a Sean Penn movie and an Errol Morris drama. [via Slashfilm]
4. “I have now been informed by intelligence sources in Maharashtra and Rajasthan that paid assassins from the Mumbai underworld may be on their way to Jaipur to eliminate me. While I have some doubts as to the accuracy of this intelligence, it would be irresponsible of me to come to the festival in such circumstances.” — Salman Rushdie has decided to cancel his upcoming appearance at Asia’s largest literature festival.
5. Apparently Game of Thrones author George RR Martin has a livejournal where he writes some interesting things about the show and his dealings with Hollywood. [via Gawker]
Bonus Buzz: The Many D’ohs Of Homer Simpson