The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Last night Madonna released a sneak preview of her music video for “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” which she’ll be performing at the Super Bowl this weekend– presumably with some help from Nicki Minaj and MIA, who co-wrote the song. Watch the full-length version of the football-inspired clip here.
2. Not to be outdone by Madge, MIA dropped the new video for “Bad Girls” — a remix of the track that appeared on her Vicki Leekx mixtape — this morning too. Do you prefer her in a cheerleader costume or a metallic jumpsuit? Watch it here and decide.
3. There’s a rumor floating around that Simon Cowell has offered Beyoncé $500M — or $100M a year for five years — to be a judge on The X-Factor. We wonder how Mariah Carey feels about that. [via MediaTakeOut]
4. After filing the paperwork with the Federal Election Commission last month, Roseanne Barr has formally announced that she’s running for the Green Party’s presidential nomination. If she can only convince Aunt Jackie to be her running mate, we don’t see how she could possibly lose. [via Deadline]
5. Apparently, Chris Rock is writing a romantic comedy for Melissa McCarthy “in which he envisions the Bridesmaids breakout playing his wife as the pair indulge in some boisterous dysfunction — a ‘Jerry Springer couple,’ as Rock put it.” [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: Four Breakfast Cereals Inspired By TV Characters