The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Kevin Bacon, Chris Colfer, and John C. Reilly have joined a stacked cast that already includes George Clooney, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jane Lynch, and Martin Sheen in a Rob Reiner-directed performance of Dustin Lance Black’s play 8 on March 3rd in LA. Funds raised by the one-night only show will go to support marriage equality efforts across the country. [via THR]
2. Meet Malachy, the Pekingese that won Best in Show at the 136th Westminster Kennel Club dog show last night. Apparently he has eyes that sparkle “like black diamonds.” [via Gawker]
3. Sony says that its decision to raise the price of two Whitney Houston albums in the UK iTunes store just hours after the star’s death was an “internal mistake due to an employee error.” Sure! [via Billboard]
4. Despite what she said in that recent Vogue interview, Adele is not really planning to take five years off from music. “I’ve a few days off now, and then it’s the Brit Awards here at home and then I’m straight into the studio,” she wrote on her blog. “Five years? More like 5 days! [via NME]
5. “I know that all the original band is going to be there. I don’t know exactly what’s going to go down. It’s one of those things I’m sure will all come together and be really cool.” — Keyboardist Dizzy Reed tells Billboard that there will be some sort of reunion of Guns ‘N Roses’ original lineup at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland.