1. Starchitect Rem Koolhaus has signed a deal to design and construct Marina Abramovic’s Center for the Preservation of Performance Art. The $8 million space in Hudson, New York will be devoted to showcasing performance art pieces of “six hours minimum.” [via Vulture]
2. While Whitney Houston’s funeral, which takes place this Saturday at the Newark church where she sang as a child, may be “private,” it will be both streamed online and available to broadcasters via satellite. [via NME]
3. Director Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is collaborating with the American Civil Liberties Union and the PEN American Center on a new documentary about prisoner abuse and torture that “will combine video clips submitted by the public with filmed stage performances featuring actors like Robert Redford, Dianne Wiest, and America Ferrera, as well as writers, former interrogators and military officers.” [via Deadline]
4. “I didn’t use any makeup,. It was all slight subtle changes with Photoshop to make each character look different… It’s horrifying how easy it to make changes.” – Cindy Sherman discusses the new work in her upcoming MoMA retrospective in The New York Times .
5. In case you’ve always wondered what the deal was, David Lee Roth has finally revealed the truth about Van Halen’s reported aversion to brown M&Ms. [via NPR]
Bonus Buzz: Every Bart Simpson Chalkboard Quote Ever