The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Are you confused by the new poster for Mad Men that features Don Draper sandwiched in between a pair of mannequins? “This is a dreamlike image,” Matt Weiner explained to The New York Times. “[It’s] a nonverbal representation of where my head is at and where the show will be … By the end of the season, I guarantee you’ll know what it is about.” [via Vulture]
2. “Music can be great, when done by the great/The Sex Pistols are the greatest/Universal now has a trophy room/Music is the imitation of nature/The Sex Pistols are nature/So please give generously/Thank You.” — The surviving Sex Pistols just signed a new record deal with Universal, prompting Johnny Rotten to write this bizarre, free-verse statement on the band’s website.
3. Thanks to the double cinematic whammy of Jack & Jill and Just Go With It, Adam Sandler has received a record number of nominations for this year’s Golden Raspberry Awards. [via Den of Geek]
4. Flavorpill favorite Azealia Banks has announced that her debut album, titled Broke With Expensive Taste, will be released in September. “The theme is a young girl trying to find it,” she recently told Nylon Magazine. “That girl who’s at the end of her childhood trying to get a job and make some money, you know? She needs to get what she can get! She needs to go out there and show people she knows how to work for it.” [via NME]
5. In case you fell asleep before the post-Oscars edition of Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, here’s the spoof trailer for Movie: The Movie, “a romantically comic political action thriller drama based on the novel Push by Sapphire,” that features a slew of A-list talent, including George Clooney, Tom Hanks, and Helen Mirren. [via Deadline]