1. Here are an insane number of images from the highly-anticipated film adaptation of The Hunger Games, all scanned from a new book that we might need to own that’s called The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion .
2. Rumor is that Elizabeth Olsen is currently in talks to take on the female lead in Spike Lee’s remake of Old Boy. In a departure from Park Chan-wook’s original version, she’d be playing “the caseworker who helps investigate the past of the character being played by [Josh] Brolin, a man kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years and inexplicably released.” Yes, please! [via Slashfilm]
3. Meryl Streep’s charitable organization, the Silver Mountain Foundation for the Arts, just made a $10,000 donation to a bankrupt charter school in her pal Viola Davis’ hometown of Central Falls, Rhode Island. That’s definitely a better way of saying “I’m sorry for stealing your Oscar” than just sending some flowers. [via THR]
4. The wonderfully weird, Jamie Hewlett-directed promo/music video for Damon Albarn’s “DoYaThing,” a Converse-sponsored collaboration with Andre 3000 and James Murphy, has arrived online. Watch the clip, which features a mix of typical Gorillaz-style animation with straight footage and a really disgusting house, here.
5. In other collaboration-related news, Azealia Banks announced on Twitter yesterday that she’s currently working on a collaboration with M.I.A.; as we mentioned earlier in the week, her debut full-length Broke With Expensive Taste is due to drop this September. [via Pitchfork]
Bonus Buzz: The 26 Happiest Animals In The World