The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Scarlett Johansson has been cast as Janet Leigh in Fox Searchlight’s Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho. Anthony Hopkins was already on board to play the famed director, and Helen Mirren, his wife Alma Hitchcock. [via Slashfilm]
2. The new trailer for Pauly D’s Jersey Shore spin-off, The Pauly D Project, is filled with everything that you’d expect: drinking, screaming, fighting, partial nudity, and lots of really tan people. The show premieres Thursday, March 29th at 10:30pm on MTV. [via THR]
3. Arcade Fire’s new song for the Hunger Games soundtrack, “Abraham’s Daughter,” is now streaming over on Entertainment Weekly’s Music Mix. “There’s something in the story of Abraham and Isaac that I think resonates with the themes in the film, like sacrificing children,” Win Butler explained to them. “So we made a weird, alternate-universe version of that, where it’s as if Abraham had a daughter — kind of a metaphor for Katniss.”
4. Watch Grimes’ Claire Boucher look adorable while singing in locations that range from the bleachers at a football game to a motorbike rally to a sweaty slamdancing party in the dreamy, Emily Kai Bock-directed clip for her song “Oblivion.” [via Pitchfork]
5. Evidently, AMC accidentally posted a pretty major Walking Dead spoiler on its website yesterday. We won’t say anything more than that, but you can see the clip in question here.
Bonus Buzz: Pug Puppies Will Make You Squee