The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Another day, another new Radiohead track. Watch a clip of the band performing “Skirting On The Surface,” a reworked version of a song from Thom Yorke’s solo tour, here.
2. Despite its OK ratings, Fox has decided to cancel Terra Nova after only one season. According to TVLine, the Steven Spielberg–produced dinosaur drama is currently being shopped around to other networks.
3. Queen Latifah is launching a new singing competition for The CW called The Star Next Door that will debut this summer; Gloria Estefan and John Rich (of country music’s Big & Rich) are the show’s mentors, and there will be “an emphasis on the home towns of contestants,” in an effort to set it apart from similar series. [via Rolling Stone]
4. Lady Gaga is now the first person to reach 20 million followers on Twitter; she marked the milestone by tweeting the following: “Best night ever. watching bridal television with HAUS while my stylist burst into tears wishing he was there to style the brides.” [via E! Online]
5. Songwriter Robert Sherman, the man responsible for penning such Disney classics as “It’s a Small World After All” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,” died yesterday in London at the age of 86. [via Billboard]
Bonus Buzz: Here, Have Some Baby Otters