The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Here’s an extended sneak peek at the new episodes of Community, courtesy of Joel McHale, who debuted the footage on The Soup. Things are looking mighty dark for the Greendale Seven! The NBC comedy finally returns to the air on Thursday, March 15th at 8pm.
2. Another day, another TV musical competition. In ABC’s Duets, Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie, and Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland will travel the country searching for the perfect singing partner who they will then compete with in live shows. The prize for the winning pair? A contract with Hollywood Records. [via Vulture]
3. Apparently Jon Stewart has an interview with Bruce Springsteen in the March 16th issue of Rolling Stone, and in it, “the men get the space to speak at length about the Springsteen’s new album, Wrecking Ball, as well as their common ground as popular entertainers with a serious interest in politics.” [via Pop Culture Brain]
4. Exciting news for Party Down fans: the hilarious Ken Marino has just signed on to play Judy Greer’s better half in her ABC comedy pilot about “a cosmopolitan woman who gets married and becomes a fish out of water in the suburbs where she must juggle step-kids, her mother-in-law, and the ex-wife of her husband.” [via THR]
5. Marilyn Manson have debuted “No Reflection,” the first single from the band’s eighth studio album, Born Villain, which is due out on May 1st. Give it a listen here.
Bonus Buzz: ’90s Middle School Contraband