The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Fiona Apple played her first comeback show last night at the NPR Music showcase at SXSW; watch video of her performing “Anything We Want” and “Every Single Night” here.
3. Apparently Syrian despot Bashar al-Assad is a huge LMFAO fan. He also enjoys jamming to Leona Lewis and Chris Brown. [via Gawker]
3. TMZ is reporting that watermelon slaying-comedian Gallagher has been hospitalized in Texas after suffering from his second heart attack. Maybe telling homophobic, racist, and sexist jokes is more exhausting than it looks. (Sorry, we couldn’t resist.)
4. Watching Anderson Cooper try on wigs with Miss Piggy is just as entertaining as it sounds. “In my mind when I look in the mirror I still have brown hair, and I’m shocked every time I look in the mirror,” the Silver Fox admits. “It’s kind of depressing.” [via The Huffington Post]
5. “When I set out to make this beer, I was going for something with a clear taste and a full flavor. Instead I got a pretty decent buzz. We had a great time creating this beer and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Enjoy!” — The Hold Steady’s Craig Finn discusses “Clear Heart,” his new craft beer, in this video.
Bonus Buzz: 10 Awesome Book Inscriptions