The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Carnegie Deli has introduced a new sandwich in honor of Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow. The monstrous “Jetbow” weighs in at 3.5 pounds, and features a combination of corned beef, pastrami, roast beef, American cheese, lettuce, and tomato on white bread. [via Fox News]
2. Zadie Smith’s 2005 novel On Beauty is headed to the big screen, with Kasi Lemmons (Talk to Me, The Caveman’s Valentine) attached to both adapt and direct the project. [via Deadline]
3. Listen to “The Marvelous Dream,” a mellow track from Damon Albarn’s opera about Queen Elizabeth I’s scientific advisor John Dee here. Dr Dee is due out on May 8 in the US and May 7 in the UK.
4. Darren Aronofsky has signed on to direct Get Happy, a new Judy Garland biopic starring Anne Hathaway. Given the nature of the source material, we think that this could be the director’s darkest, most frightening movie yet. [via Latino Review]
5. We thought it was weird that Zooey Deschanel was in talks to join the cast of a new romantic comedy from Love, Actually director Richard Curtis until we found out that it will star the actor who played Ron Weasley’s eldest brother, Bill, and focuses on a family of time travelers. [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: The ABC’s Of Monsters